Era Publications accepts submissions from illustrators. Illustrators are welcome to send in portfolios of their work.
However, before sending in your portfolio, please check the following guidelines to see whether your work will be suitable for Era.
- We are an educational publisher so illustrations in our books have to match texts literally, as early readers use illustrations as visual guides for reading the words. For this reason, our illustration briefs can be quite prescriptive
- We produce educational books with a literacy focus
- We produce our books in groups within a series at different reading and age levels
- Our products are for junior and primary school children, with an audience ranging from 4 years up to 13 years
- Visit our website and check out our products. If your illustration style doesn't seem like a good fit, then Era Publications is probably not the right publisher for you
If you think your illustration work fits these guidelines then we would be happy to receive your submission.
- Electronic or hardcopy portfolios are accepted. Do not include original artwork
- If you would like your portfolio returned to you, a self-addressed, stamped envelope/bag must be included
- Include a CV with your postal address and email. Also include your website, if you have one
- Submissions should be addressed to our Art Director
Please note: Turnaround time for portfolios can be between 6-12 weeks, depending on workload. We do not acknowledge receipts of portfolios.
Thanks for considering publishing with Era. We greatly value our authors and illustrators.